- Genuine IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers approved by the IEMA and delivered online by us
- All course fees are included – there are no hidden charges
- Most learners complete the course in 10-14 hours
- Works on PC, tablet or smartphone (with internet access)
- 100% online, including the final assessment
- The aim of this course is to provide supervisors and managers with a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their industry and work area
- The course covers the understanding of the strategic opportunities and constraints that environmental sustainability presents organisations; the importance of resource efficiency; the impact of environmental sustainability across the value chain; the impacts of pollution, prevention, control and environmental legislation in organisations; and how employees support environmental sustainability
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of the main environmental and economic risks and opportunities
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of compliance obligations and business drivers for change
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of the main potential impacts on environment and sustainability
- The Learner will have knowledge and understanding of how to improve environmental performance
- The Learner will evaluate drivers for change and barriers
- The Learner will apply knowledge and understanding to baselines data to monitor and improve performance
- The Learner will apply knowledge of environmental sustainability across the value chain
- The Learner will demonstrate the importance of implementing resource efficiency
- The Learner will demonstrate how employees can improve environmental performance
Module 1 – Risks and opportunities from environmental sustainability
- Environmental risk and environmental opportunity
- Key environmental pressures
- The Sustainability Development Goals
- Key terms – Environmental management systems and ISO14001
- Key terms – Carbon footprinting
- Key terms – Life cycle thinking
Module 2 – Laws and other compliance obligations
- Purpose of environmental compliance requirements
- Key compliance requirements
- Managing compliance and enforcement
Module 3 – Key environmental sustainability issues
- Climate change
- Biodiversity conservation and loss
- Resource security
Module 4 – Improving environmental sustainability performance
- Sustainable behaviours
- Environmental impacts
- Arriva case study
- Bafta and Albert case study
Module 5 – Drivers for change and barriers
- Drivers for sustainability
- Understanding what needs to change
- Managing change
Module 6 – Using data for performance improvement
- Using data and choosing indicators
- Absolute and normalised indicators
- Interpreting data
- Data activity
Module 7 – Environmental sustainability across the value chain
- Value chain and life-cycle thinking
- Value chains and sustainability
- Life-cycle assessment
Module 8 – Improving resource efficiency
- Resource efficiency
- Energy management
- Materials and waste management
- Water management
- Circular economy
Module 9 – Employees and sustainability performance
- Roles in sustainability
- Communicating sustainability effectively
- Environmental impacts management
To complete this course, learners must pass the IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers Exam. The exam is completed online and consists of multiple choice questions. The cost of both the exam and IEMA fees are already included in the cost of the course.
The IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for Managers Exam demonstrates the student’s understanding of the information contained within the course. The exam is taken online, so there is no need to attend a training centre. The exam consists of multiple choice questions. Students can have two attempts at the exam. A student will have to resit the whole course if they do not achieve the required marks on the second attempt.
Purchasing your course(s)
You can purchase your course(s) online using a debit/credit card. To purchase online, simply select how many users you want the course(s) for, then click on the ‘Add to basket’ button on this page.
You can purchase your course(s) over the phone using a debit/credit card. To pay over the phone, please call 0333 733 1111 between 0900 and 1700 hours Monday to Friday to talk to one of our Support Team.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would rather pay by BACS transfer. You will need to provide in the email your name, postal address, email address, what course(s) you require and the quantity of courses that you require. We will issue you with an invoice and contact details.
Receiving login details (online and phone purchases)
You will be sent an email from [email protected] once you have made you purchase online or over the phone. Please check your email SPAM / JUNK folder if you do not receive the email as it may get blocked by your email firewall. If you have not received it within one hour, and it is not in your SPAM / JUNK folder, you can email [email protected] for a duplicate copy to be sent to you.
If you are a returning customer or have purchased multiple courses, the email will contain details of how to access your Training Coordinators Dashboard. If you are a new user that has purchased a single course, the email will contain details of how to go straight to your course. You should add [email protected] to your email safe-senders list to prevent future emails from us also being blocked.
Enrolling multiple learners onto courses
If you are a returning customer or have purchased multiple courses, you will be able to enrol your learners onto their courses using the Training Coordinators Dashboard that we provide you with. You will be sent individual login details for each learner that you enrol. These details will also be sent in an email from [email protected] . You will need to pass the login details onto the learner.
The course materials will work on any internet-enabled device running an up-to-date internet browser. Each student will have 190 days from the date of enrolment to log on and complete their course. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. Students can log out and return any time up until the course is completed or until the 190-day access expires. The course cannot be accessed after the 190 day expiry.
Suitable internet browsers
Both our courses and the dashboard will work on any modern web browser, for example Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari. You should ensure that they are fully updated. Internet Explorer should not be used because it is no longer supported by Microsoft and so may be unstable.
The certificate will be issued by IEMA on successful completion of the course and end of course assessment. We will post the certificate on to the learner by first class signed-for delivery as soon as we receive it from IEMA.
Courses not allocated to students will expire after 12 months from purchase.
Courses allocated to students will expire on completion of the course or after 190 days from the original enrolment (whichever is sooner).