- Genuine IOSH Environment for Business Course approved by IOSH and delivered online by us
- All course fees are included – there are no hidden charges
- Most learners complete the course in 5 hours
- Works on PC, tablet or smartphone (with internet access)
- 100% online, including the final assessment
The aim of this course is to give managers the latest understanding and practical guidance to integrate environmental management and sustainability into everyday business activity.
By the end of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand that the natural world works in cycles
- Understand that natural resources are finite
- Understand that the environment delivers ecosystem services
- Understand that natural systems are interlinked
- Understand that the environment impacts all organisations
- Recognise the key ways in which the environment might interact with their own organisation.
- Understand that all organisations impact the environment
- Understand that impacts can be positive and negative
- Identify ways to increase efficiency through improved environmental performance
- Understand the difference between a linear and circular business model
- Identify the benefits of a circular economy
- Identify different types of business models in a circular economy
Module 1 – What the environment is
- What the environment is
- Natural cycles
- Natural resources
- Ecosystem services
- Interlinked natural systems
Module 2 – Recognising how the environment impacts organisations
- How the environment impacts organisations
- How the environment interacts with your organisation
Module 3 – Recognising how organisations impact the environment
- How organisations impact the environment
- Positive and negative impacts
Module 4 – Minimising environmental risks and maximising sustainability opportunities
- Resource efficiency
- True cost of waste
- The waste hierarchy
- Environmental management systems
- Linear and circular business model
- The benefits of a circular economy
- Business models in a circular economy
To complete this course, learners must pass the IOSH Environment for Business Exam. The cost of the exam is already included in the cost of the course.
The IOSH Environment for Business Exam demonstrates the student’s understanding of the information contained within the course. The exam is taken online, so there is no need to attend a training centre. The exam consists of multiple choice questions and must be completed within 30 minutes. Students will need to achieve at least 21 points from a possible 30 to pass the exam. Students can have two attempts at the exam. A student will have to resit the whole course if they do not achieve the required marks on the second attempt. (We do not charge for resits.)
Purchasing your course(s)
You can purchase your course(s) online using a debit/credit card. To purchase online, simply select how many users you want the course(s) for, then click on the ‘Add to basket’ button on this page.
You can purchase your course(s) over the phone using a debit/credit card. To pay over the phone, please call 0333 733 1111 between 0900 and 1700 hours Monday to Friday to talk to one of our Support Team.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would rather pay by BACS transfer. You will need to provide in the email your name, postal address, email address, what course(s) you require and the quantity of courses that you require. We will issue you with an invoice and contact details.
Receiving login details (online and phone purchases)
You will be sent an email from [email protected] once you have made you purchase online or over the phone. Please check your email SPAM / JUNK folder if you do not receive the email as it may get blocked by your email firewall. If you have not received it within one hour, and it is not in your SPAM / JUNK folder, you can email [email protected] for a duplicate copy to be sent to you.
If you are a returning customer or have purchased multiple courses, the email will contain details of how to access your Training Coordinators Dashboard. If you are a new user that has purchased a single course, the email will contain details of how to go straight to your course. You should add [email protected] to your email safe-senders list to prevent future emails from us also being blocked.
Enrolling multiple learners onto courses
If you are a returning customer or have purchased multiple courses, you will be able to enrol your learners onto their courses using the Training Coordinators Dashboard that we provide you with. You will be sent individual login details for each learner that you enrol. These details will also be sent in an email from [email protected] . You will need to pass the login details onto the learner.
The course materials will work on any internet-enabled device running an up-to-date internet browser. Each student will have 190 days from the date of enrolment to log on and complete their course. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. Students can log out and return any time up until the course is completed or until the 190-day access expires. The course cannot be accessed after the 190 day expiry.
Suitable internet browsers
Both our courses and the dashboard will work on any modern web browser, for example Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari. You should ensure that they are fully updated. Internet Explorer should not be used because it is no longer supported by Microsoft and so may be unstable.
The certificate will be issued by IOSH on successful completion of the course and end of course assessment. We will post the certificate on to the learner by first class signed-for delivery as soon as we receive it from IOSH.
Courses not allocated to students will expire after 12 months from purchase.
Courses allocated to students will expire on completion of the course or after 190 days from the original enrolment (whichever is sooner).