- Assured by the CPD Certification Service
- All course fees are included – there are no hidden charges
- Most learners complete the course in approximately 90 minutes
- Works on PC, tablet or smartphone (with internet access)
- 100% online, including the final assessment
- Free retake of the assessment if needed
- Download the course certificate on completion
- Comes with a dashboard to monitor course completion
- Course and dashboard can be accessed 24/7
The aim of this course is to provide awareness of safeguarding vulnerable adults so you can understand more about your legal responsibilities, the role of social care, the importance of safer recruitment and how to protect vulnerable adults from harm.
By the end of this course, learners will be aware of:
- Why they need to know about safeguarding vulnerable adults
- The term safeguarding and its meaning
- The key legislation surrounding safeguarding and their legal responsibilities
- How to identify signs of abuse and the risk factors involved
- How to determine capacity
- How to respond to any concerns that they may have about a vulnerable adult
- How to act if information is disclosed to them by a vulnerable adult
- Safer recruitment procedures
- How to record their concerns
- How to report their concerns
- Referrals and social cares decision
Module 1 – Aims and learning outcomes
- Why you need to know about safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Course aims and learning outcomes
Module 2 – Introduction
- The Care Act 2014
- Other key legislation that relates to safeguarding vulnerable adults
Module 3 – Identifying the signs of abuse
- What abuse is
- Who carries out abuse
- The categories of abuse and their indicators
- Risk factors for abuse
Module 4 – Capacity to make decisions
- Determining capacity
- Unwise decisions
- Making decisions
- The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 2009
Module 5 – Responding to a disclosure
- How a concern may come to your attention
- Why individuals do not make disclosures
- How to respond to a disclosure
- What not to do
Module 6 – Safer recruitment
- What a DBS check is
- Types of DBS checks
- Obtaining a DBS check
Module 7 – Reporting and recording your concerns
- Why people do not report their concerns
- How to report your concerns
- When to report your concerns
- What needs to be reported
- What to do if you are not believed
- Recording your concerns
- What to record
Module 8 – Referrals and social cares decision
- The referral process
- Adult social cares decision
- Strategy discussions
- The case conference
- Protection plans
The end of course assessment
- The assessment fee is included in the cost of the course. We do not charge any extra to gain access to the assessment
- The assessment is 100% online. So there is no need for the learner to attend a training centre to complete it
- The assessment consists of multiple-choice questions
- Learners must achieve at least 70% in the assessment to register a pass
- We do not charge a fee to take the assessment again if the learner does not achieve the 70% pass rate (provided the course is completed within 6 months from enrolment)
- The learner will be able to download a course certificate once they pass the end of course assessment
- The coordinator will also be able to download the course certificate through their dashboard once the learner passes the end of course assessment
Purchasing your course(s)
You can purchase your course(s) online using a debit/credit card. To purchase online, simply select how many users you want the course(s) for, then click on the ‘Add to basket’ button on this page.
You can purchase your course(s) over the phone using a debit/credit card. To pay over the phone, please call 0333 733 1111 between 0900 and 1700 hours Monday to Friday to talk to one of our Support Team.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you would rather pay by BACS transfer. You will need to provide in the email your name, postal address, email address, what course(s) you require and the quantity of courses that you require. We will issue you with an invoice and contact details.
Receiving login details (online and phone purchases)
You will be sent an email from [email protected] once you have made you purchase online or over the phone. Please check your email SPAM / JUNK folder if you do not receive the email as it may get blocked by your email firewall. If you have not received it within one hour, and it is not in your SPAM / JUNK folder, you can email [email protected] for a duplicate copy to be sent to you.
If you are a returning customer or have purchased multiple courses, the email will contain details of how to access your Training Coordinators Dashboard. If you are a new user that has purchased a single course, the email will contain details of how to go straight to your course. You should add [email protected] to your email safe-senders list to prevent future emails from us also being blocked.
Enrolling multiple learners onto courses
If you are a returning customer or have purchased multiple courses, you will be able to enrol your learners onto their courses using the Training Coordinators Dashboard that we provide you with. You will be sent individual login details for each learner that you enrol. These details will also be sent in an email from [email protected] . You will need to pass the login details onto the learner.
The course materials will work on any internet-enabled device running an up-to-date internet browser. Each student will have 190 days from the date of enrolment to log on and complete their course. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting. Students can log out and return any time up until the course is completed or until the 190-day access expires. The course cannot be accessed after the 190 day expiry.
Suitable internet browsers
Both our courses and the dashboard will work on any modern web browser, for example Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari. You should ensure that they are fully updated. Internet Explorer should not be used because it is no longer supported by Microsoft and so may be unstable.
On successful completion of the course and end of course assessment, both the student, and the coordinator, can download the course certificate.
Courses not allocated to students will expire after 12 months from purchase.
Courses allocated to students will expire on completion of the course or after 190 days from the original enrolment (whichever is sooner).